Party at The Shack!

I have fond memories of the parties we used to have during my Graphic Design BFA at the University of Georgia. We often met at this old building by a river - I think it may have been an old mill or some such. It wasn't unlike 'The Shack' at Winthrop University.
It's an old building that sits next to the colliseum, the lake, and the baseball field. It's really a lovely setting even after a surprise rain shower.
Department of Design students had been planning the party for a few weeks, so it was a warm welcome. (Here are two of my students, Josh and Sierra.)
The inside is somewhat rustic with a balcony running around the top of the room (not sure what for other than watching the fun below).
The students set up tables with games like 'Cards Against Humanity' - now there's a way to get to know your students and have them get to know you - HA!!! (I did quite well. LOL!)
They also set up beads and string for jewelry making, and coloring pages - these are artists after all...There were also stickie notes to draw funny little ditties that grew throughout the party.
I'm not sure what this row of students was all about - some game I assume.
And there was pizza, of course. It's college, there has to be PIZZA!!!
Everyone was taking pictures too. Here were some of our students on the back patio overlooking the lake...
And more students posing in the 'photo booth.'
And Karen taking a selfie with Zhabiz taking a selfie with students with masks.
And there was the faculty, of course, of which I am so proud to be a part!!! Here's me with Karen, Jason, Sangwon, and Zhabiz.
The students did a great job - they threw an awesome party! I look forward to the next one!

No comments: