Hollins Graduation!

We had four students attain their Certificates in Children's Book Illustration this summer. Here I am with Fatima, Deanne, Rebecca, and Caitlin. I've had all of them in my Picture Book Design class, so I was so proud!
Our certificates are handed painted by illustration faculty. This year, that was me. (The artwork is by our own Ashley Wolff.) I also did this year's commencement address. I made people cry, which is the highest compliment when doing one of those!
We had the reception on the second floor in the Visual Arts Building (a.k.a. 'The VAC'). Each of our graduates had their own panel to display their work. For instance, here is Deanne's.
And a close up of two of her pieces, one which won 2nd prize in this year's Francelia Butler Art Show.
And here was Rebecca's panel.
Caitlin was joined by her son Connor for this photo op in front of her work.
Family and friends drive in to help students celebrate, and to see all the work people have created. The Art Show went on and on.

Two of our graduates will go on to pursue their MFAs. But as I say, you must remember to jump the bar before you move it forward! And they did! It was a good night for all.

No comments: