MERBABY'S LULLABY: A Signing in the Wild!

I met up with my new illustration critique group at the Barnes & Noble in Charlotte again this past weekend. Many of us are participating in #Inktober, so it was fun to see everyone's work (although, I'm falling behind!). We all shared our newest works, stories, and art tricks/tips. I love being around peeps who know the lingo of art/illustration/children's publishing/my life - I imagine a lot of what we said would have sounded like another language to anyone listening in!
     One of our members was actually doing a book signing afterwards, so we headed up to the children's area to show our support. (Did anyone get a photo?) Meanwhile, I wanted to see if any of my books were there - ego surfing, bookstore style - it's what we do. Turns out they had two copies of MERBABY'S LULLABY!
Ashley went all gushey which completely made my day!
She'll be doing this herself soon - she just got an agent - woohoo!
A patron overheard us and asked if I was the author of the book. "No, I'm the illustrator - the author is Jane Yolen." Well! She bought the book and asked me to sign it right there and then! Ashley took the photo.
How fun is that!? It's always a thrill when the hard work you do tucked away from society in your studio gets recognized in a public way. Thank you Ashley and the lovely reader for making my day!

No comments: