BIG NEWS! ON EAGLE COVE is now out!

Look what showed up at my door this week - it's my author copies of On Eagle Cove written by Jane Yolen and illustrated by Yours Truly for Cornell Lab Publishing Group. Wippee!! Since the eagle is the US national bird, I'd say the pre-election timing is pretty good for this one. If you click on the cover, it will take you to Bookshop.org, where you can purchase the book through your local independent bookseller, helping to keep them in business. You can also learn a little more about the book on my website:
      My Website Landing Page for OEC, including a peek at the pencil dummy
     On Eagle Cove: First Peek! (images of it in my studio, while it was a work-in-progress)
As I walked out towards Eagle Cove, Skipping through a greening grove, I followed where the pathway led― And spied a great big lake ahead. - Jane Yolen

From the prolific Jane Yolen comes On Eagle Cove, a sparkling new addition to the On Bird Hill & Beyond series. A young birder and her mother hike beside a lake and experience the majesty of an eagle aerial show. They spy a massive nest, high in a tree, and understand that the two eagles dancing across the sky are a mating pair. Soon, there will be chicks, and the girl and her mother return to the nest months later for a peek at the new little lives. On Eagle Cove reunites Jane Yolen with award-winning illustrator Elizabeth Dulemba for this quiet walk through nature that leads to an unexpected encounter with the magnificent Bald Eagle.
Here's a picture of me working on On Eagle Cove when we were still living in Scotland.

No comments: