SCBWI Carolinas Webinar: How To Focus Your Reader's Attention

I had the great pleasure of giving a webinar to my new SCBWI region this past Saturday for our online fall conference. I talked about focusing a reader's attention, but using illustration tricks to do so. I feel very lucky to have a foot in both the illustration and writing side of creation, and they each inform each other. But there aren't many author/illustrators in academia too, so I feel I am able to offer a unique perspective that can get creative balls rolling.
     Do keep in mind, even though I'm teaching, I am available for speaking engagements (especially online). So, I'm happy to share my inspirations with your regions or writing groups too - wherever you are! Just email me: elizabeth at dulemba dot com.
     Meanwhile, many thanks to Ashley, Leigh Anne, and Elizabeth for hosting Saturday's webinar and welcoming me so warmly into the SCBWI Carolinas family!

No comments: