Online Gatherings

I so miss my friends all over the world. Heck, I miss my friends in my own back yard right now! But sometimes, I get the wonderful opportunity to catch up. I met with former office-mates from the University of Glasgow recently. Yaxi and Hyab are still in Scotland (originally from China and Eritrea), while Rebecca is back in Canada, and I'm in the US, of course. I am grateful for technology making this gathering possible. I love these guys.
I also got to meet with fellow classmates in the Children's Literature program at the UoG. Countries represented are Pakistan, Malaysia, Norway, Scotland, England, Mexico, and the US. Heidi "Sister" Lawrence has been especially helpful to me during my PhD - we've become late-night texting buddies when the writing feels overwhelming.
Truly, if there had to be a pandemic, at least technology has kept us together. Although, I think when this is all over, we're going to value our in-person connections more than ever!

No comments: