Day 3 in Scotland - in Glasgow!

Day 3 I headed to Glasgow to speak at the Master Keys Conference.
This was the whole official reason for the trip, and what my Pearson Excellence in Teaching Award paid for! But first - I had to have lunch at my FAVE Vietnamese restaurant on the planet! Non Viet on Sauchiehall Street!

Now this is a proper bowl of Pho Ga! I can't even tell you how good it was!!!
Then on to the University of Glasgow School of Education for the conference. I walked, of course. Which means I saw the Bud Neill memorial statue.
And a lost tie to add to my "lost things" collection.
I also got the great view of walking towards my alma mater.

Our awesome hangout across the street...
And into our building.
We had some great speakers who talked about a myriad of interesting topics related to child lit!
I enjoyed it immensely, but mostly enjoyed being with friends over dinner and drinks to celebrate our success! Here are Julie (McAdam) and Evelyn (Arizpe)
and Cutzi (Quezada) and Sonia (Montes).
Afterwards, I caught the subway back to the renovated train station. (Gotta luv that evening crunch to catch the fast train!)
And enjoyed the views all the way home.


To read about my entire trip, go to:
Day 1: I'm back!
Day 2: HIGH Tea with friends (and a secret)
Day 3: in Glasgow!
Day 4: Dear Friends and a Proper Memorial
Day 5: Farmer's Markets and Tapestries
Day 6: The Vinnie, The Star Bar, Parting Stones, Tears, and Friends
Day 7: with Maureen in Glasgow
Day 8: Porty Beach and an emotional day
Day 9: Fruit de Mer and Seagulls!
Day 10: Food, Museums, and a Friend
Day 11: Last full day in Edinburgh
Day 12: Last few minutes in Scotland

No comments: