Scotland Day 2 - HIGH Tea with friends!

Day 2: The Edinburgh Bookstore, Grassmarket, Victoria Street, St. Andrews Square, and High Tea at The Balmoral with Amandine and Connie! So much love!!

I was so excited to be back! And I guess I'll let on a little secret to those who read my blog... I had an interview this day. It went really well and I think I was in the top running, but didn't get it in the end. But still... so close!
Anyhow...
I had lunch at Topolabamba with Amandine beforehand. It's ironic, but you can get some really fabulous Mexican food in Edinburgh. The chefs are fascinated by the cuisine and do a darned fine job with it.
So as to not be early, I popped into The Edinburgh Bookstore and ran across the same little kilted teddy bear that my friend Elise has back in the states.
I also walked down into the Grassmarket, where I got my first good view of the castle. There you are! (It's hard to miss.)
And one of the most picturesque roads in the world, Victoria Street.
Afterwards, I met up with Amandine and Connie at The Balmoral for High Tea!
Amandine's treat! This is one of those bucket-list type things to do and so fun!!!
And it really is HIGH TEA.
It's difficult to behave in such a stunning place.
We stayed for hours and ate and talked, and talked and ate. What a wonderful, wonderful thing it was.
I suppose I swung a wide, happy path on my way back to Stockbridge via St Andrews Square (the completely other direction but the way I always walked to get home). There, I saw sheeeep.
It was an inside joke between me and Stan. Maybe I'll tell it to you over a cuppa one day.

To read about my entire trip, go to:
Day 1: I'm back!
Day 2: HIGH Tea with friends (and a secret)
Day 3: in Glasgow!
Day 4: Dear Friends and a Proper Memorial
Day 5: Farmer's Markets and Tapestries
Day 6: The Vinnie, The Star Bar, Parting Stones, Tears, and Friends
Day 7: with Maureen in Glasgow
Day 8: Porty Beach and an emotional day
Day 9: Fruit de Mer and Seagulls!
Day 10: Food, Museums, and a Friend
Day 11: Last full day in Edinburgh
Day 12: Last few minutes in Scotland

No comments: