Scotland in May - Day 1 - I'm back!

I wrote about this on Facebook, but want to house it here on my blog too.
Day 1: First day back in Edinburgh!
My friend Johnny picked me up from the airport and made me a lovely lunch at his country house. I can't believe I didn't get any photos - just shows how tired I was from the flight. His place is very picturesque!
     Johnny drove me as far as he could into the city (the city limits the size of cars allowed on city roads now to help cut down on traffic). So a taxi took me the rest of the way to Connie's adorable Airbnb - which is no longer an Airbnb because the city will only allow sidewalk-access flats to be Airbnbs anymore. Having them in apartment buildings with full-time residents was causing all manner of disruption. So, if you haven't booked your place for Fringe next year, it's going to be more difficult - best get on it!
Anyhoo!

      We went to one of Stan's and my favorite haunts, The Stockbridge Tap, and clinked a glass to him.

It's bittersweet and a bit surreal to be back in the city we loved so much, but it is still just as magical. It's so good to be back!

To read about my entire trip, go to:
Day 1: I'm back!
Day 2: HIGH Tea with friends (and a secret)
Day 3: in Glasgow!
Day 4: Dear Friends and a Proper Memorial
Day 5: Farmer's Markets and Tapestries
Day 6: The Vinnie, The Star Bar, Parting Stones, Tears, and Friends
Day 7: with Maureen in Glasgow
Day 8: Porty Beach and an emotional day
Day 9: Fruit de Mer and Seagulls!
Day 10: Food, Museums, and a Friend
Day 11: Last full day in Edinburgh
Day 12: Last few minutes in Scotland

No comments: