WU Senior Show!

Graduation is always a bittersweet time. I'm thrilled to set my students into the world like birds flying from the nest, but it's always sad to see them go. Even so, the Senior Show is a moment to celebrate. Visual Communications students (Graphic Design and Illustration) set up a Show at Lenny Boy Brewing Company in Charlotte to display their accomplishments. It's a moment to show off what they've created, maybe sell a few things, but also for parents, alumni, and any potential employers to connect. It's not graduation but it is our moment as a department. This class is a special one to me, as well. We've been through some tough times together, and for me especially. These are the students who stepped up, showed up, and mean the world to me. I wish them so much joy and success in life; and I hope they stay in touch - even when they think they haven't accomplished enough to share - they are my kids and always will be!
     In all the excitement and hubub, I didn't get photos of everyone but I did get a few good ones. Here are Erin and Adam...
Kaelen, Olivia, and Guye...
Sarah and Maggie...
Senteria (who was my student assistant for Drawing II this semester - thank you, Senteria!) and Israel...
Shaunie...
and James (he's holding one of the note cards I write to my seniors)...
Not shown are Amanda, William, Ethan, Clay, Will, Hitomi, and David. If you read this and you have a photo to share - please forward it to me and I'll add it to this post!!
     Meanwhile, Kaelen was awarded our Senior of the Year Award. She led the student Society of Illustrators group and was all around an awesome student. They all were!
I'll miss all of you so much! Go out into the world and BE AWESOME!!!

No comments: