Library Appreciation Day at "Market My Words"


Monday, April 11th we will celebrate the unofficial Library Appreciation Day hosted by Shelli Johannes Wells at "Market My Words".
     Why? Because libraries are vitally important to our society and
I LOVE LIBRARIANS!!!!
April 13th is also National Library Workers Day. So, go visit your library and say "thanks" to those who promote literacy, education, and awareness in our communities.
     To help celebrate, Shelli is collecting a book basket which some lucky winner will win to donate to their favorite library. (Sign up at Shelli's blog.) I've donated an all-Spanish version of Paco y la planta de chile gigante!
     And since librarians are the focus and will be dropping by - I want to remind everybody about my Coloring Page Tuesday FREE coloring pages and my Coloring Page Tuesday widget which you can plug into your blog or website. (To install it visit my blog and scroll down in the sidebar - click on the "Get Widget" tab underneath the widget and it will walk you through it).
     A large chunk of my coloring pages are reading-related and perfect for story time. So, librarians especially, please use them, share them - they're FREE!!
     And while you're visiting - how about sharing what you love the most about your library? Does it have a 'bookish' smell - a certain 'bookish' light. Or maybe there's a librarian who means an awful lot to you? Please share!
     My library is the downtown Decatur Branch. I love the authors who speak, the children's department (on the main floor) with its big curved wall, and the sunshine that pours in through the windows. It's a happy, well-loved place.

1 comment:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Thanks Elizabeth! I love decatur too :)