-->
home art books bio blog dates TED COLOR! contact    mail facebook behance twitter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Digital Sketch Pad?

One of the exiting opportunities of the iPad is its potential as a digital sketch pad - something I've been eagerly awaiting. So I downloaded SketchBookPro (see a quick demo below) and I ordered a pogo sketch stylus pen because you have to use your finger to draw otherwise, and that can be problematic.
     Although I do wish the touch sensitivity of the pogo was even more sensitive, even more attuned to thins and thicks, and worked with a higher ppi than 72, I have to admit this is a GREAT evolution towards a true digital sketch book. I am able to do a rough and email it to myself to then work on it more on the 'big' computer. And although I'm also not very good at drawing on my iPad yet, I imagine a comfort level will easily develop.
     So, overall, this is a great first step and I expect to have the digital sketch book of my dreams a reality within a few years.

2 comments :

Ginger*:) said...

Interesting post. I will be hoping for a more refined version and by the time it arrives I might be able to afford it... *:) The idea of having something that travels with you so easily is part of my future plans.

elysabeth said...

I'm not an illustrator but this was interesting. I could see someone who really uses digital sketching to find benefit in this. Maybe the advances will get to that point you are needing - the sensitivity and all. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

WHERE WILL THE ADVENTURE TAKE YOU NEXT?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://junior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...