Recruiting Trip

Friday, I had the pleasure to head to Columbia, South Carolina for recruitment outreach for Winthrop U. This was a chance for most of the universities in South Carolina to reach out to future art students: Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Dance, Music, etc. I used to do outreach like this for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. I love these chances to talk to young creators and find out what they're into. One of them hadn't had the chance to play with an iPad Pro before - it was fun to show it to her - she got into it!
I met so many talented young students who are into all manner of illustration like fashion design, character design, storyboarding, etc. Although, many of them don't even know what options are available to them yet. That's where we come in. And truly, it's so fun! Here's our pretty table with all our schwag and Paula (recruiter), Seth (Fine Arts Professor), and me (Illustration Professor).
We met lots of interesting kids, and maybe a few of them might end up as my students at Winthrop!

No comments: