Then I remembered a one-of-a-kind, handmade book that our ECA librarian Jane Furness shared with us in my first year. It was a unique mishmash of images, ideas, and substrates, bound with metal. I thought I might do something like that. Yeah!
One of the challenges creating my version, though, is that all my images were various sizes. I used black duct tape as my unifying material. It gave me the width I needed and a means of attaching each separate image into the whole. It's also extremely strong, which this needed to be. For the cover, I did a linocut carving of hand-drawn text, which I printed on 3mil cardboard painted with my leftover textiles ink. Here's what it looked like.
I purchased some aluminium stripping and nuts and bolts, then sought help from the university metal shop.