Candlewick Books!

Christmas came early at my wee flat in the shape of fantastic new books from the PR department at Candlewick Press! Squeeeeee!
     I bet you see a few you recognize there, yes? And perhaps a few you don't? I hope to be featuring some of these creators soon.
     The one I'm most excited about is The Foretelling of Georgie Spider by Ambelin Kwaymullina. It's part of 'The Tribe' series and I suspect this is a story based around the trickster figure Anansi - perhaps turned into a female protagonist? This is right in line with what I'm doing with my PhD. So if it hits the marks I'm hoping it does, this could become a keystone text for me. I can't wait to read it!
     In fact, several of the texts may fit into my PhD. So I have got a LOT of reading to do. I hope you're not feeling sorry for me - I'm not! Squeeeee!

No comments: