Mikki's Visit!

I told you I haven't had to miss many friends because so many come to visit, yes? Well, this week a whole bunch of them are in town for the Kindling Words Writers Retreat at Dalhousie Castle. Michelle Knudsen, author of The Library Lion and The Evil Librarian and lots of others, came over a little early to play. She stayed with us for a few days and we had fun roaming the city. Here we are in front of the John Knox House (a.k.a. the Storytelling Centre).
We did a circle tour from our flat around the east side of town. Across South Bridge to Blackwell's Bookshop, where we found a copy of The Library Lion for sale - YAY!
Then to the Law School, and the Scottish National Museum where we saw Dolly, the first cloned sheep.
From there we went by J.K. Rowling's The Elephant House (where she supposedly wrote Harry Potter), to Greyfriar's Kirk where Mikki touched the nose of Greyfriar's Bobby for good luck. We went to Mum's for lunch where we had Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties (I'll spare you the photo). YUM! Then around the University of Edinburgh where I took pictures of lots of gloves on fences for my Instagram collection. From there we headed back to the Grassmarket, up Victoria Street, and onto the Royal Mile. Mikki posed with a bagpipe player. (The rule is you have to tip them if you take their photo!)
Hard to believe, but we found a little close off the Royal Mile that I'd never seen before, although I'd seen photos of this staircase and never knew where it was!
So cute!
Mikki went back that way the next day and got her photo taken with an owl at Gladstone's Land - how awesome is this!?
We also popped into St. Giles, but I'll share those photos in another post. We ended our mini-tour with the compulsory whisky visit.
But, of course!
I love seeing Edinburgh through visitor's eyes. I fall in love with it all over again!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I had so much fun hanging out on our visit! Thank you for being such a lovely hostess and tour guide. I’m definitely going to have to come back to see you again soon! :)

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

The guest room is yours! Miss you! xxoo :) e