Studio Drift's IMMERSED IN LIGHT

On our second day together, Stan watched Ody, it was really hard work...
Vicky and I headed to downtown Charlotte and The Mint Museum. This will take a few days to share, but I'll start with the amazing exhibit by Studio Drift. It was called Immersed in Light and was an amazing installation of sculptures, both static and kinetic, tactile and projected. Here's what they had to say about it (click the image to read larger):
This first piece was called Amplitude.
It was a breathtaking, moving sculpture that resembled a giant, flying centipede in a way, and that I could have watched for hours. In fact, I made a recording, so I can! CLICK HERE to watch it in motion on Youtube!
     Another installation was called "Fragile Future."
These were tiny brass boxes with dandelion puffs inside each one, and an LED light inside each puff.
I can't imagine the time that went into this stunning piece.
     Do look at their website as it gives you a walk through one of their complete exhibits including the ones I shared above.
     This next piece wasn't part of the Studio Drift exhibit, but it was all about light, so I'll share it here. It was called "Joy of Transition" by Ayala Serfaty and was made of glass filaments, a sprayed on polymer membrane, and lights. Wow.
I'll share more over the coming days, so come back to see!

No comments: